- 09:01 It's a perfect day for a bike ride. I think I'll take advantage of the conditions!
- 11:21 fast, fantastic climb up Kings Mtn Rd on the bike... just wish oncoming cars would stay in their own f**king lane!
- 22:46 great afternoon/evening with the girls. Looking forward to a good Memorial Day, too.
Monday, May 31, 2010
Sunday, May 30, 2010
Saturday, May 29, 2010
- 10:34 In the last day, I've spent 6 hours on Skype talking with people in 4 different time zones. Love it!
- 11:14 So glad I went last week! RT @YosemiteNPS Glacier Point and Mariposa Grove Roads closed today due to new snow, may open tomorrow.
- 11:17 Amen! RT @cbracy How many gulf residents calling for strong gov't intervention in oil spill were small gov't conservatives 37 days ago?
- 13:31 What you talkin' about, Willis? RIP, Gary
- 16:37 RT @sacca Microsoft's patent suit against Salesforce is the act of a desperate and scared bully. Startups should fear them.
- 17:19 RT @BPGlobalPR Sarah Palin keeps sending us cutesy Evites to the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge. Even we are disturbed. (via @dallant)
- 23:44 RT @dangillmor BP's Potemkin clean-up crew is.gd/ctLQy via NOLA.com
Friday, May 28, 2010
- 11:50 Sale of home is final. Money in the bank. Now a renter and not so nervous about the next earthquake anymore!
- 12:24 Local yoga studio is trying SO hard to get their email newsletters right, but every issue has content/delivery problems. #brand_ding
- 14:33 @lizsong the one and only!
- 16:23 RT @Deifell "there has been more money pissed down the hole of knowledge management than any computer services" says John Gauntt @media_dojo
- 18:19 RT @dallant Why Twitter/social media is scary for corporations: real @BP_America account has 7,500 followers, fake @BPGlobalPR has 67,000
Thursday, May 27, 2010
- 06:51 There's a young rooster in the neighborhood crowing at crack of dawn these days. Wonder how much longer until code enforcement swoops in?
- 10:03 RT @socialedge #socialmedia myths "it's too risky": The real risk is in ignoring those conversations. 10 other myths bit.ly/duJk2w
- 11:56 "Funding more entrepreneurs to grow the economy" is akin to "we can just hire any warm body to grow the business." Quality counts.
- 13:18 lots of "best companies to work FOR" lists. But for small biz, would be nice to have a "best companies to work WITH" list. anyone?
- 16:03 Massive Attack. Warfield. Tonight. Giddy.
- 21:40 Woman next to me opens purse to reveal cigarette pack tucked next to asthma inhaler. Honey, please. Pick one or the other.
Wednesday, May 26, 2010
- 12:08 Our home sale closes on Thursday (at last!). Found a nice duplex to move into next week with the girls. Busy, productive times.
- 12:55 I love it when a craigslist transaction goes smoothly: buyer showed up on time and had exact change. thank you!
Tuesday, May 25, 2010
- 09:10 Hitting the ground running on a busy week. Glad I recharged my batteries in Yosemite last week.
- 10:41 RT @hnshah "In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure." Bill Cosby
- 11:39 How will you celebrate yours? RT @tinybuddha 40 Everyday Successes To Celebrate bit.ly/cCKxtc
Monday, May 24, 2010
- 12:16 enjoying a bowl of fresh ripe juicy sweet cherries. nom nom nom
- 14:53 And so begins another long summer without #Sharks games.
- 15:23 Mac Mini spewing out "disk0s2: 0xe0030005 (UNDEFINED)" during a safe boot. Hard drive is as good as dead just shy of 4 years old. RIP
Saturday, May 22, 2010
Friday, May 21, 2010
Thursday, May 20, 2010
Wednesday, May 19, 2010
- 11:54 RT @DaveZinczenko Gatorade works better than water at preventing blood clots on long airplane flights, says Japanese study.
- 14:54 LOL "The fact that you sit in a coffee shop wearing black while scribbling in your journal does not make you a writer." bit.ly/djxpU7
- 15:33 Selling 2 tix to tonight's #Sharks v #Blackhawks game. Sec 104, row 23. msg me for details.
- 16:34 My #Sharks tix sold. Thanks for playing... go #Sharks!
- 21:33 Hope the #Sharks can learn how to win a Round 3 home game (for the first time ever)
- 21:35 Leaving for a 3-day trip to Yosemite in 11 hours. The departure time can't come soon enough!
Tuesday, May 18, 2010
Monday, May 17, 2010
- 10:58 Ha! RT @jdfalk watching twitter reports of San Francisco's pubic urination crisis #baytobreakers
- 16:36 @joanhan what a finish!
- 17:33 Do you run a nonprofit social club? Make sure you've filed your 990-N by midnight or you'll lose your exempt status! bit.ly/byBXes
Sunday, May 16, 2010
- 07:09 "Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little." — Edmund Burke (via @maymaym)
- 13:01 RT @pierre Free: Week in review at Civil Beat: bit.ly/dCIFAS #becivil
- 13:31 Initial review of my new #VFF Bikila shoes up on FB bit.ly/ceog06
- 16:25 Nice to do a 1200m swim workout while the youngest had her swim lesson. Hoping she learns to swim, face in water, soon.
Saturday, May 15, 2010
- 11:59 Great way to start a Friday: drop the car at the shop and enjoy a big 45 mile bike ride home. Love living in the Bay Area!
- 12:24 RT @CoryBooker: "Progress always involves risk; you can't steal 2nd base and keep your foot on 1st base." Frederick Wilcox (via @femmebot)
Friday, May 14, 2010
- 09:46 RT @glennstrachan USAID proposal is seeking people with Social Media skills capable of teaching those skills in Africa. (Msg Glenn 4 deets)
- 14:55 Put new Michelin Pro3 tires on my bicycle. Can't wait to ride them tomorrow! Thx @joanhan for the recommendation.
- 16:25 Caveat Emptor: If you're considering using #TriNet for outsourced payroll/benefits, beware their customer service satisfaction levels.
- 17:18 They're #hiring a HR Director at the WikiMedia Foundation bit.ly/9TeDcw
- 17:27 RT @eekim Avoiding engagement with your stakeholders due to fear only guarantees greater pain later.
Thursday, May 13, 2010
- 13:44 plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose
- 15:44 "You can lose money for the firm and I'll be understanding. But lose reputation for the firm and I'll be ruthless." -- Warren Buffet
- 18:30 I love the sound of a stunned-into-silence Mellon Arena. Way to go #Canadiens!
Wednesday, May 12, 2010
Tuesday, May 11, 2010
- 14:08 It's a shame both Eastern Conference games are being played at the same time tonight.
- 14:39 They're teaching philanthropy in school now. Anyone who spent time on omidyar.net knows it's tough to give away money bit.ly/d1KTu2
- 15:31 fascinating/frightening account of what's coming in terms of info-at-your-fingertips for "routine traffic stops" bit.ly/cpWBH7
- 18:23 I love watching the Penguins lose.
- 22:40 The guest podiatrist at tonight's tri club meeting outright dismissed barefoot running as a fad. To each his own. I love my #VFF!
- 23:35 cute RT @GuyKawasaki Why you owe your mother more than your father u.nu/5q4j9
Monday, May 10, 2010
- 11:02 Even when (or especially when) you can't win, how you play the game reveals your true character.
- 20:36 my evening just got a little brighter: I found out they're making a sequel to The Dark Crystal! bit.ly/bhQ8CQ
Sunday, May 09, 2010
- 10:13 harder to resist! RT @stuarthenshall What iPads Did To My Family - Chuck's Blog bit.ly/b9eNLa | read the comments it's true.
- 19:52 Fired up the grill for the first time this season. Delicious burgers and corn on the cob for dinner!
- 21:34 Hell yeah, #sharks win!!!
Saturday, May 08, 2010
- 11:22 Dreamt I OD'd on belgian chocolates last night. All the guilty pleasure with none of the weight gain!
- 13:49 If you choose your college degree based on this salary chart, you're selling your passion far too short. bit.ly/jppFr
Friday, May 07, 2010
- 10:48 Moving ever closer to selling our home. We sign our docs next week. Escrow closes May 19. Big changes
- 10:49 Outstanding! RT @WiserEarth Glad to announce that @eekim joined the Board of #wiserearth, we are so thrilled!
- 10:53 @Stokes I much prefer the term teatards
- 12:52 I've got a pair of #VFF Bikila running shoes on its way to me. Woohoo!! bit.ly/bCdXiR
- 15:41 Damn those internets! RT @dangillmor Hypocrisy watch: MediaMatters catches Michelle Malkin in the act is.gd/bXvRV
- 16:30 Let's go #Sharks!
- 17:03 time to pull Nabby from the net. Franzen's on fire
- 17:17 Looking at the positive side: if the #Sharks don't storm back to win tonight, I've got tickets to game 5 :)
- 22:58 Great come-from-be hind win at #darts tonight. W00t!
Thursday, May 06, 2010
- 09:03 Don't worry so much about having a big launch day. Marketers may tell you otherwise, but it's not worth the expense.
- 09:19 "Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending." - Maria Robinson (via @saduros)
- 10:19 Wow, great candor. RT @CaseFoundation: The painful acknowledgment of coming up short. @jeancase reflects bit.ly/afcMcP
- 12:02 "in sync" or "in synch"? I use the former because the latter makes me think "winch." I could be out of sync(h) tho.
- 22:40 Made tandoori chicken for dinner & can't wait to have the leftovers tomorrow. Next time am going to have to double the recipe.
Wednesday, May 05, 2010
- 15:27 The hockey game starts in 40 minutes. I've decided to let myself off work early to watch it in the next room :) Go #Sharks!
- 15:39 @Michaelhutto congrats on your own #wildflower finish. You're going to do great in Boise!
- 15:40 @ncjack congrats on a strong #wildflower race! sorry we missed each other again. You doing Vineman 70.3 or Big Kahuna?
- 19:41 Way to go #Sharks! Winning in OT to take a 3-0 series lead.