- 08:22 watching the Google Wave demo. I see danger in the instant-transmit function of txt msgs: no room for filtering emotion from a txt pre-send
- 08:51 Google #Wave collaborative editing feature is going to revolutionize live-reporting at meetings/conferences/etc. I'm thrilled
- 08:59 How will #Wave change live-reporting? Combines immediacy of live-tweeting and depth of live-blogging, c.f. old post ginx.com/-wH0o5
- 09:06 #wave app idea: "split the check" shows how much each person owes for final group bill where tabs are paid by many (like for a vacation)
- 10:19 taking Hannah to the matinée showing of Up. She's very excited as am I.
- 12:52 Highly Highly recommend seeing "Up." The Pixar folks have outdone themselves, again.
- 16:08 Back at the dog park. No he's still not a Portuguese water dog. He's a golden doodle (better than a pwd)
- 19:43 in the lobby about to see Spamalot. Stretching my giggle muscles
Sunday, May 31, 2009
Saturday, May 30, 2009
- 09:45 got my travel med appt scheduled. these shots (hep A, yellow fever, typhoid, polio) are gonna be expensive. yikes
- 14:47 RT @bradrourke: Pls RT: Take my nonprofit strategic planning survey! Just 24 q's. ginx.com/-mK3fp
- 16:16 thrilled to see @hellobigfoot is now on Twitter
- 17:41 just planted 18 herbs in our patio container garden. My hands reek of sage, basil, mint and oregano. delicious
Friday, May 29, 2009
- 05:33 @bradrourke you are one styling dude. let me know how long it takes to get used to the shoes. I'm intrigued.
- 06:07 RT @karaswisher: AOL Spin-Off Approved Last Night By Time Warner Board: ginx.com/-2VVCcj
- 06:21 enjoying reading @stevecase tweets this morning re: AOL spin-off and his reflections on the 10 year merger overall
- 10:50 Swam 2700m with the masters. Moved up a lane, too!
- 10:51 Off to donate blood one more time before getting vaccinated for Africa trip
- 11:50 RT: @gatesfoundation Melinda Gates on "what has been a crucial factor in reducing poverty"? ginx.com/-lyHmh
- 11:52 "Nobody tries to break crypto anymore - they do social network analysis, find the hub, then break into your house" ginx.com/-TVW1Q
- 15:11 despite botched needle prick, donated my last pint of blood for > 1 year. Upcoming travel to Ghana/India/?? puts me on the deferral list.
- 15:12 taking the dog to the dog park. we both need it.
- 17:35 great time at the Redwood Shores dog park. Kairos had fun with all his new friends and is now snoozing in the middle of the kitchen.
- 17:36 @BenBins please say hi to Brett for me. Agreed they do GREAT work!
Thursday, May 28, 2009
- 08:01 Got my first Google Adsense direct deposit today thanks to the urbanchickens.net blog. It feels like free money
- 08:48 @dangillmor AT&T is the only carrier you can use to text in a vote to AI
- 09:14 @dangillmor I'm with you on the trouble getting upset: too much room for corruption built into the AI vote system.
- 15:28 schadenfreude? or karma? take your pick
- 16:11 great post explaining difference between FB group and FB fan page & why you'd create one v the other ginx.com/-2euwJ
- 19:16 starting to research for a trip to Ghana at end of June. Besides the medical shots, what's important to do/know before?
- 21:45 @nbmacd keep up the patient work, grasshopper. you'll be sprinting off the front of the pack soon enough
Wednesday, May 27, 2009
- 10:06 stunned and disappointed at the prop 8 ruling
- 10:21 seeing a lot of mentions of "web 3.0" while reading proposals re: developing world projects... what kind of Rip Van Winkle trick is this?
- 11:24 replied on FB to a request for good breakfast place in SF. Enjoying emails with the other recommendations made after mine. social FTW
- 13:16 Just finished 2400m swim with the masters program. Must eat now
- 13:49 RT @Positive_Thinkr: "Prepare your mind to receive the best that life has to offer." ~Ernest Holmes
- 15:56 headed off to this Distance Collaboration panel at Stanford (thanks, Media X program) ginx.com/-LY0Aj
- 15:57 hi @pamt456, nice to meet you at Media X
- 16:40 forever appreciating the evolution of the chart that @ross created in 206 to show power law of participation ginx.com/-3j9JD
- 16:59 collaborative technology must be sophisticated enough so it gets out of the way of the users (so they don't hang up on the tech)
- 17:07 at last, tweet number 4000: to be proud or be bashful of the milestone? doesn't much matter. I'll keep on keeping on.
- 22:09 RT @sanjspatel: Could u pls vote 4 @EpicChange 2 win $10K for a tech lab in TZ? ginx.com/-IJU6P (me: I just did!)
- 22:34 Today when someone, for some reason, decided to go nuts buying on Amazon after following one of my affiliate links. 18 books? ok!
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
- 06:25 At Sawyer Camp Trail to put in a long slow 12 mile run. Crisp and cool weather
- 10:07 Great run this morning. Just shy of 12 miles at 9:00 pace. Wore wrong socks and got blisters on my arches. Ugh
- 16:32 great to see the Giants win this afternoon. Beautiful day at AT&T field. Glad the fog stayed away while we were at the game.
Monday, May 25, 2009
- 11:30 leaving the kids with the grandparents for a spell. we're free!
- 11:32 RT @love2dreamfish Eradicate poverty with work. Volunteer to contribute to Dreamfish wiki on micro-entrepreneurship, social capital. send DM
- 23:47 looking forward to tomorrow afternoon's SF Giants game with the family
Sunday, May 24, 2009
- 06:30 Headed out for a 50 mile ride via Los Altos to Arastradero to Old La Honda to Skyline to Woodside to 92 and back
- 15:55 have been cursing our "broken" ice maker for a year now. Dad arrives, sees water valve is turned off and turns it on. voila. I'm so ashamed.
Saturday, May 23, 2009
- 07:24 Parents fly in today for a visit over the weekend. Looking forward to having reinforcements to help with the girls.
- 07:31 RT @TEDchris: Yves Behar's gorgeous electric motorcycle unveiled ginx.com/-TcaqU #TED
- 08:09 OMG Morrissey is 50 years old today? The Smiths were the soundtrack of my formative years
- 18:56 1800 meters in the pool complete. I'm famished
Friday, May 22, 2009
- 08:16 go Levi! nice TT time.
- 08:28 Great to catch the end of stage 12 of the Giro online this morning. Now I'm off to SF for meetings.
- 16:39 the day's flown by. meetings 9-2, then trail run and a skype interview. Now off to swim before heading out to darts tonight. good times
Thursday, May 21, 2009
- 09:16 Setting up a WD Passport with my Mac's Time Machine. Will breathe easier in another hour or so once everything's copied over
- 11:02 Still waiting for initial Time Machine backup to finish. 26GB done, 54GB to go.
- 12:03 Just 60 days until my first half Ironman Triathlon (the Vineman 70.3)... gulp
- 15:19 RT @cdchep: 24 Facts About World Hepatitis Day - A Powerpoint compilation of all our tweets from yesterday now live: ginx.com/-PdtlO
- 20:07 Did a quick 5K trail run on Edgewood Park's Sylvan Loop in my new Brooks Cascadias. No longer grouchy: drowning in endorphins. ahhh
Wednesday, May 20, 2009
- 07:58 Wow, what an amazing list of @Berkmancenter Fellows for 2009-2010 ginx.com/-HBJwi
- 08:05 RT @rohitbhargava Helping the CDC get the word out about World Hepatitis Day today. Follow @cdchep for a new hepatitis fact every hour.
- 08:27 RT @USGS_Earthquake: You can now follow @USGS_EQ_25 for only events over magnitude 2.5 [w00t!]
- 08:45 Social Networking Fatigue: 7 Ways It Will Affect You: ginx.com/-44TTE via @vvanpetten
- 09:00 I've got three complimentary 3-month FlyClear memberships to give away. Want one? msg me. 1st come/1st served. ginx.com/-bqtqV
- 12:43 RT @YosemiteDNC: The Pass is Opening! NPS announces Yosemite's Tioga Road Opening - 10am Wed, May 20.
- 15:29 Fresh set of xrays show daughter's arm healing fine. New lime green cast replaces pink one for the next two weeks
- 19:29 designing bumper stickers. having fun!
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
- 02:38 sleep? wha?
- 08:25 Content Marketing 101: Why Content and Social Media are a Powerful Match ginx.com/-jXhdr (via @copyblogger)
- 08:44 RT @shwu open letter to @Oprah ginx.com/-xZSTJ asking her to drop support of Jenny McCarthy's anti-vaccination campaign. Pls RT!
- 15:26 RT @mashable: Reading: "10 Ways to Keep Your Precious Followers on Twitter" (Chromatic) - ginx.com/-dhDll
- 15:46 Dog just got his license in the mail. He's already asking for the keys
- 17:42 Totally geeking out at the Places&Spaces mapping science opening at Stanford. Data visualizations galore with the geeks who made them
- 18:35 just saw a demo of a great running/biking training visualizer tool for the iPhone 3G. Sign up to beta test it at runmonster.com (worth it!)
- 18:57 I love how following @USGS_Earthquake shows every little temblor recorded. I wish there was a filter to only see tweets for magnitude >3
- 19:04 Google even has an algorithm to determine employees' likelihood to quit. How to prove it works, tho? ginx.com/-czHIt
- 19:06 ironic that I can't seem to load the Google quit algorithm article. makes me want to, um, quit?
- 23:52 finally made it to the end of Survivor on the DVR. So happy to see who the winner is.
Monday, May 18, 2009
- 10:01 Who's going? June 20th PrivacyCampDC 2009 - Sign up here -> ginx.com/-MjYGZ #PrivacyDC
- 13:58 on a packed Caltrain on our way to SF for the #Giants game
- 14:52 a lazy hot day in the Dogpatch neighborhood of SF. Even the Hell's Angels hangout is quiet.
- 17:27 Beautiful day for a game at AT&T Park. The views of the Bay from sec 307 are amazing
- 20:09 Great to see the #giants beat the #mets for once. On a packed caltrain home
Sunday, May 17, 2009
- 10:20 nice walking the dog this morning all thru downtown Redwood City. Met lots of new doggy friends, and Kairos was well-behaved. good dog!
- 12:04 packing up the family to Mai Fest at the Tyrolean Inn. Beer, oompa bands and boucy houses, oh my! And the weather's perfect, too.
- 19:42 At the Fox Theater in Redwood City. Waiting for Christopher Titus to take the stage. Looking forward to lots of laughs
Saturday, May 16, 2009
- 07:59 on the road to Sonoma for a 45-mile training ride through the hills and vineyards. Don't cry for me :)
- 09:47 Beautiful day in Sonoma. Perfect weather for a ride. It's good to be alive :)
- 13:14 I hate whoever planned Cavedale Road. Too much steep grade for far too long. Blech
- 14:06 Ride is done. Great workout. Now for a late lunch with @Cashel
- 18:07 I really wish KQED would quit begging for money every half hour for ten minutes straight. It's so unbecoming
Friday, May 15, 2009
- 13:46 great mtg with Robert @changemakers to talk UX & marketing optimization this AM followed by yummy lunch with @boomer. now on to proposals
- 15:41 Hating that Word crashed and I lost the last 20 minutes of revisions (just when I'd gotten into the flow). take two!
Thursday, May 14, 2009
- 07:42 Found a blog using my CC'd picture with no attrib (and wrong caption). Trying to contact them to rectify. ginx.com/-pHrxz
- 09:13 RT @scottmoore: Not sure one person should devote 24/7 hours to connecting. I have been burned by single person dependencies. #c20
- 09:54 head is swimming in opportunities. some domestic, some overseas, some a little of both. didn't think there'd be so many choices so soon.
- 10:17 So glad to have @sharakarasic live-tweeting the proceedings of #c20: tinyurl.com/pv4f5x humbled by her mad skillz
- 10:19 RT: @sharakarasic: @chrisbrogan "It does not scale - everything that is lovely does not scale. It reproduces." #c20
- 10:38 @bradrourke #c20 is the tag for the Community 2.0 conference here in SF (I'm following, not attending) ginx.com/-oSnVZ
- 11:45 RT @EthanZ: Great oppty for community charities in US from Global Giving: ginx.com/-YGCoA chance to raise $$ for community projects
- 14:24 RT @spikejones: Who shouldn't do social media? Companies not confident in their products/service. #womma
- 22:10 Just bought mp3s of the 99 Most Essential Pieces of Classical Music for just $7.99 at AMZN (saved $80) ginx.com/-aJpL5
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
- 06:58 Excited to bike the Cavedale loop in Sonoma County this Friday before lunch with @cashel ginx.com/-Osob7
- 07:05 seeing all these FB posts, it's a wonder someone hasn't developed a test to answer "what kind of nonprofit would you be?"
- 07:14 KS govt official on his vote reversal and how society's changed: "Four years ago I didn't Twitter... but I do now." ginx.com/-fmxag
- 07:43 Just added Urbanchickens.net to Google Ad Planner Publisher Center. Took a bit longer than expected, but hope to reap the rewards
- 08:49 at the doctor with my eldest getting her arm xrayed. Might be her first big break. Joy
- 10:39 Teaching my eldest the fine art of patiently waiting in the doctor's reception area. Playing a game of whom will they call next?
- 12:52 Amazing how a pink cast and a milkshake makes the tears disappear. She's thrilled to have so much pink on her arm
- 17:17 want to know how much the earth is really shaking? follow @USGS_Earthquake
- 17:18 RT @bradrourke: @chrisguillebeau re charities going out of biz, I have a blog post about that ginx.com/-rKpjL
- 17:46 @roxymd are you doing vineman full or half? seems our race schedule is similar (WF, Alcatraz, Vineman 70.3 for me)
- 18:10 Mel: she can't go to art class. She's over-tired and on pain meds. Me: that describes most good artists I know!
- 23:01 @kimokali power to the sleestacks!
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
- 07:41 woohoo! I won a shopping party at Sports Basement in Sunnyvale (20% off anything in the store for all who come). when to schedule it?
- 08:49 @blackbottoms twitpic.com/4t748 - here's hoping they get the whole lane they deserve
- 10:15 fav line from Obama's speech Sat at WHCD re Rahm Emanuel's foul mouth: "he's not used to saying 'Day' after 'Mother' "
- 13:57 RT @Boomer: "Twitter is a conversation, not an arms race" (via @fastcompany Is Guy Kawasaki wrong about Twitter? ginx.com/-HMcWP )
- 19:04 it fills me with such glee to see the #Capitals beat the penguins at the Igloo. Go #Caps!
- 20:07 Going to check out ginx.com/-fTZuH when I get home to check out my running pace at various inclines
- 21:50 good to learn about fitness assessments and LT and OBLA at the #SVTC meeting tonight. spendy to get tested, though
Monday, May 11, 2009
Sunday, May 10, 2009
- 11:41 Just finished a 50 mile ride including going up Old La Honda to Skyline. Felt strong. Muy happy
- 18:07 Kairos graduated from puppy Kindergarten today. Celebrated by taking him to outdoor dining at a restaurant. such a saint when he wants to be
Saturday, May 09, 2009
- 09:56 RT @amoration: More bikes on the streets = less accidents? ginx.com/-gAWn2 #urbanbiking
- 10:55 RT @ScottHepburn: Facebook has upgraded its metrics/analytics for anyone who manages Facebook Pages: ginx.com/-4LViW
- 18:29 RT @chrisbrogan: Think we should do #unfollowsaturday ? You know, for robot marketers?
Friday, May 08, 2009
- 08:55 RT @EllnMllr: Need sunscreen 4 lobbyists. Read about K Street's worst nightmare -Sunlight's lobbyist @sunlightonhill ginx.com/-UlA5c
- 10:55 great pix from last weekend's #Wildflower olympic #tri. gallery does a good job of capturing the beauty of the place ginx.com/-HNehC
- 11:16 reading an intriguing post by @eekim re: tools that elicit authentic connections ginx.com/-Yl4Ub
- 15:19 Yippee! New compression socks. I feel like such an old man
- 15:57 Pew Report re: Governing as social networking: 4-step cycle of comm is Attention, Acquisition, Assessment, Action ginx.com/-69QYg
- 16:57 At Peets. A lady is interviewing for a tech job at table next to me. Is not going well for her. Trying not to cringe as she tanks.
- 19:09 Has been a fun day of folks reconnecting with me after hearing me on Marketplace this morning re: ginx.com/-M4p2b
- 23:52 great to get the win at darts tonight. Even if distracted a bit from the game itself.
Thursday, May 07, 2009
- 08:09 This year's MIT IDEAS Competition award winners announced, from dirt batteries to braille labeling: ginx.com/-RZI2m
- 09:06 I go swimming!
- 15:07 RT @stereogab: In DC and a fan of transparency & #gov20? Join Sunlight at next Transparency Breakfast next Wed. RSVP ginx.com/-5ie8q
- 15:30 great meetings/talks at Google today (again). Bumped into Uganda-based @rachelpayne in the cafe. I do so love serendipity
- 16:24 On the way to SF to meet with GRI to talk about networks and online communities
- 19:35 trapped on the muni watching my Caltrain pull away. So infuriating. Stuck in SF another 70 minutes
- 22:02 @bradrourke thanks for the "useful" recommendation :)
- 22:07 @RoadID Welcome to Twitter! Glad to have you here (am a longtime RoadID owner: red wristband is what I wear)
Wednesday, May 06, 2009
- 08:41 I think my hamstrings are finally back to normal after the weekend's race. Gonna dip into the pool for a gentle 2000 meters today.
- 09:35 RT @marciamarcia: Create an effective online voice to strengthen your social networking. ginx.com/-XCw6j via @denthewise
- 13:40 great coffee catch up with Linda today. Full of talk of Buddhist Economics and online communities and the intersections between.
- 13:42 @lpetrides #wildflower was definitely a blast, and I think I'll be doing the long course next year (so I can party Saturday night!)
- 19:40 great drink and discussion with @krob sent her off with a hi to everyone back in the home office
- 20:04 wow, just won a $2M hand in FB poker. If only it were real money :)
Tuesday, May 05, 2009
- 10:12 Looking at the results list today, seems that Ms Parvati Shallow (Survivor chick) didn't race with me at #Wildflower as expected. pshaw
- 10:22 Got my #Wildflower Triathlon photos up and labeled. Lots of pros on their bikes ginx.com/-xi1v2
- 10:26 @itchbay thanks, had a great time. Long course next year :) Oh, and I saw a bald eagle Saturday, too! (is in the flickr stream)
- 11:39 RT @eekim: Four week, intensive, online workshop on Tools for Catalyzing Collaboration: ginx.com/-oQQoP Please retweet!
- 19:25 @nbmacd wtg! keep it pain free
Monday, May 04, 2009
Saturday, May 02, 2009
- 08:06 the hard part of being a dad and a triathlete is staying up all night with a sick kid before heading off to race weekend. she's better tho
- 08:36 Elem school teachers staged a sick-out today to protest the witch hunt, er, odd micromanagement by Redwood City school board. awesome.
- 09:28 ok, blog posts written and scheduled. time to start the packing in earnest and hope the rain stops soon.
- 09:31 @bmonsma hey, congrats on the marathon finish. you must be so psyched!
- 12:24 on the road to #wildflower camping and racing and hurting oh my!
Friday, May 01, 2009
- 08:04 Excited to leave for Wildflower tomorrow! Today's the day for tuning/cleaning the bike and packing up the gear.
- 14:17 My strengthsfinder top 5: Individualization Strategic Ideation Relator Connectedness. What are yours? ginx.com/-EFTAZ
- 20:05 SCVDA dart tournament is finally underway. 30+ darters at Beefy's Cabin tonight