- 06:58 irony of ironies: all the USPS mail I don't want (catalogs, other paper spam) busted open our mailbox. Where do I send the bill?
- 15:05 Great lunch meeting at Google then brain candy in Menlo Park. Now back to the home office
- 16:51 Hey twitterfolks: who do you think has the best Twitter background design?
- 00:02 great long dinner at Bar Tartine in SF with @makriese, @lindare and David. Thanks to Amy for the last-minute babysitting services.
Thursday, April 30, 2009
Wednesday, April 29, 2009
- 07:13 up early and headed to SF for meetings. Trying to avoid the sports headlines in hopes the #SJSharks loss was just a bad dream.
- 15:50 Fantastic day of meetings and calls. Am reminded just how much brilliance, creativity and acumen there is in my network.
- 16:15 wow, almost 2 years into this? I joined twitter 726 days ago - whendidyoujointwitter.com ?
- 18:30 Hooray for the #Caps! So nice to see Ovechkin and co move on to the 2nd round.
- 23:55 amazing how long it takes to clear out six years' worth of stuff, but very cathartic once it's done.
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
- 08:45 RT @AsthmaMom Check out this article on backyard chickens ginx.com/-HrQCG Then follow @urbanchickens
- 08:46 RT @ushahidi: On the Ushahidi blog Emergency Information Patterns and Thoughts on Swine Flu ginx.com/-cYwho
- 09:47 In this era of free media (YouTube) why would a nonprofit would waste time going after remaindered PSA space on TV?
- 09:48 CDC's impressive use of social media during the swineflu outbreak. ginx.com/-HWDTT via @EllnMllr
- 11:11 although it's been cloudy this morning, the sun's going to break out later today and things will be glorious again (if a bit windy to start)
- 14:56 Winds of change a-blowing. After 6 years at a remarkable organization, we've parted ways. Excited at the opportunities ahead -- stay tuned!
- 18:32 hoping for two big wins tonight: me at poker and the #SJSharks in game 6!
Monday, April 27, 2009
Sunday, April 26, 2009
- 16:56 shopped today for a new cassette for my bike to help with climbing hills. $350?? cheapskate me says I'll just do more hill workouts instead.
- 19:05 Oh please oh please oh please #sjsharks win tonight!
- 20:59 C'mon #sjsharks. Let's win one more period.
- 21:17 Can everyone at the #shark tank please move down to the ducks end of the ice so we can tilt it in the right direction? Thxbye
- 21:58 did the #sjsharks win? you BETCHA!
- 21:59 @malarchuck see you for game 6!
Saturday, April 25, 2009
- 10:21 @stereogab I like Chole's Cafe for bfast. Blue Plate & Bar Tartine & Firefly for dinner.
- 13:14 Interviewed for a piece to air on Marketplace re: urban chickens. I think it went well: the girls provided some ambient clucking
- 13:26 @itchbay story will air in next two weeks or so (not today). will let you know when to listen :)
- 14:01 RT @stevecase: Donors are reactive; philanthropists are proactive. (via @Philanthropic)
- 14:42 It's a Radiohead -- In Rainbows kind of afternoon
- 15:59 #MrTweet I recommend @bradrourke because he's got his finger on the pulse of issues affecting nonprofit leaders' effectiveness
- 16:48 wondering why it seems (many) PTAs and school boards are overloaded with prudes desperately clinging to 1950s values and bigotry?
- 17:10 Off to REI to buy replacement parts for all those pieces of the bike rack that fell off last weekend (oops)
- 23:51 RT @pierre Effect Measure is a good place to get latest news and analysis on emerging swine flu epidemic: ginx.com/-ZhIX7
Friday, April 24, 2009
- 09:31 RT @StephanieMcA Grantmakers for Effective Orgs launches new site #nonprofit #philanthropy ginx.com/-vfqfT
- 11:04 RT @stereogab: Want to go to a great conf? Google fellowship available for Personal Democracy Forum Conference, ginx.com/-YzKGU
- 11:17 @itchbay Will be thinking of you and your blips while climbing the hills at Wildflower next weekend. Keep the good music coming!
- 12:16 impact of eBay on the looting of antiquities (it's not what you think it would be) ginx.com/-754pE
- 21:03 This repair crew has lost all credibilty trying to replace the broken glass at the #sjsharks game. Come on!
- 22:19 Are those towels the ducks fans are twirling? Would be so cool if #sjsharks fans got something like that at the #shark tank, no?
- 22:21 Bitter at the #sjsharks loss. Heck of a hole to climb out of
Thursday, April 23, 2009
- 08:13 wonderful to wake up and read about a #SJSharks win in the paper this morning. Looking forward to many more (15, to be exact)
- 08:41 RT @digiphile: "To Tweet or Not to Tweet" @NYTimes: ginx.com/-Bpr1I | I don't think Maureen Dowd "gets" Twitter at all.
- 15:57 RT @billjohnston: Reviewing research on community / sm salary we did last August - ginx.com/-BS3Dh bit.ly/4aoGB
- 18:56 taking my daughters out to dinner for some qualtiy time. Letting the better half regain some of her sanity as well
- 22:09 RT @mercsharks: Help us write our Game 4 headline to win a free subscription to the Merc's e-Edition. Details: ginx.com/-zbvfY
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
- 09:44 @losaltoshomes ICE Breaker was a sprint (.5mi/13mi/4mi). I'll be doing Wildflower Olympic, too. see you there?
- 10:22 Got my link to the Wildflower #Tri Digital Athlete Guide. WTF? Horrid UX. how's about a PDF? ginx.com/-gG7bC
- 10:43 @losaltoshomes I'm in the group ahead of you: 40-45. Unfortunately, looks like we've got a late start which means a HOT race course.
- 11:53 OH "I'll never vote for @gavinnewsom because of his 'care not cash' program." So very binary in multiple choice world.
- 14:18 Reading a great article by @lindare on PR and damage control in the age of Twitter. ginx.com/-xDhx2
- 14:39 Getting nervous about this evening's #SJSharks game. So much is on the line! Let's go Sharks!
- 14:56 RT @simplytheresa: OK - I've started to post work/Yosemite stuff on @YosemiteDNC, if you want to take a look.
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
- 09:10 RT @neddotcom RT @acumenfund Resource for social entrepreneurs: 73 lectures (majority from Stanford) on #SocEnt: ginx.com/-spnv8
- 09:29 @joanhan Glad I repeated the race & did better. Had a breakthru chasing down someone at the finish: tapped reserves I didn't know I had
- 09:30 @Richardtreadway The series isn't over until all 4 wins are bagged. Have seen 2-0 leads disappear before. #SJSharks must win game 3, tho
- 11:00 Opt out of the (stealth) behavioral advertising network dropping cookies on your machine: ginx.com/-pV0tz Please RT!
- 13:56 RT @billshore: Scaling What Works: Implications for Philanthropists, Policymakers, & Nonprofit Leaders ginx.com/-fOAPh
- 23:22 Finished yesterday's ICE Breaker #Tri in 1:43:21. That's 12:21 faster than last year. Finished 175th (of 404). Splits later this week.
Monday, April 20, 2009
- 06:40 On my way to registration. Beautiful clear cool morning in Roseville
- 07:31 Picked up my race packet and I'm number 667 (whew); one better than the beast. Tweet you after the finish
- 11:35 Finished my tri beating the first female racer at the line. Of course she started 21 min after I did :) final time tbd
- 15:56 @joanhan how was your race?
- 16:25 back home from the #triathon, cleaned up and getting ready to head to HP Pavilion for tonight's #SJSharks game after the #NHLTweetup
- 19:56 Love playoff hockey. Hate that the #SJSharks haven't showed up to score yet.
- 22:00 I've never heard the crowd so silent walking away from a #sjsharks loss. Spooky
Sunday, April 19, 2009
- 10:11 great to host @joanhan for coffee and croissants this morning and learn all about her biz: the USGP of Cyclocross ginx.com/-wpZhE
- 12:39 Looking forward to tomorrow's Ice Breaker #Tri. Is the 1 yr anniversary of my first race, and an oppty to check my progress
- 16:50 got all my #tri gear packed for the race, taking off soon for the drive to Roseville. sixteen hours until my wave starts!
- 22:25 made it to Roseville to discover I'd forgotten to reserve a room (doh!). Easily resolved and now hitting the sack. #tri in the morning!
Saturday, April 18, 2009
- 08:10 RT @EllnMllr: This may seem wonky...and it is...but it's really important. Update on bulk data from Congress. ginx.com/-Ngz4n
- 17:20 Someone broke into my Friday space-time-continuum and stole a couple hours from my day. I want them back! (return them this weekend, please)
Friday, April 17, 2009
- 08:22 So excited! the #Sharks start their quest for the Cup tonight
- 10:51 RT @levjoy: Holy crap: RT @zazazarah: 1,500 Farmers in India Commit Mass Suicide: A Wake-Up Call for Humanity ginx.com/-Qp34V
- 14:03 getting a 502 error trying to reach Gmail. Am I alone on this?
- 14:06 RT @mercsharks: #sharks #hockey Sharks-Ducks, Day 5: Let the mind games begin as Carlyle breaks up top line in pr.. ginx.com/-2grXk
- 18:33 one hour to game time. go #Sharks!
- 20:18 Great to be packed in a bar with folks throwing darts, drinking beer and cheering the #Sharks on the big screen
- 22:14 RT @mercsharks: Ducks win it 2-0. Marleau and Thornton combined for one shot. First shutout at home since last year's playoffs. #sharks
- 23:27 hoping the #Sharks quickly forget tonight and come out fighting on Sunday night. Just 4 wins to get to round 2
Thursday, April 16, 2009
- 08:35 RT @cshirky: Just posted something about #amazonfail: ginx.com/-kbVNh
- 09:28 RT @digiphile (strange things afoot in Idaho!) National Weather Service photos of rare "snow rollers" in Idaho ginx.com/-8C9Z8
- 10:20 BBC airs its first Creative Commons licensed TV show: R&D TV (via @boingboing) ginx.com/-TTf3U
- 14:25 Great list of tips from @bradrourke on how to use email/online tools and still be nice doing so ginx.com/-dFQsl
- 16:12 Happy the puck has dropped on the 2nd Season. Go #Sharks!
- 16:16 Yes twtvite.com/c5e3q2 #twtvite #nhltweetup
- 16:18 Join me at the #Sharks #NHLtweetup on 4/19 at Firehouse grill. Details at twtvite.com/c5e3q2
- 17:31 RT @Dave_Ferguson Original name for Wikipedia: "unemployed Ph.D. Death Match"
- 17:39 Why not sick the RIAA lawyers on the Somali pirates? sink them with subpoenas? oh so effective against the music pirates
- 21:51 holy cow. we submitted our tax forms to CA last Friday and the refund is deposited today. sweet!
- 23:05 RT @mercsharks: #sharks #hockey Sharks ready for playoff opener against Anaheim Ducks: There are plenty of reason.. ginx.com/-4mV4l
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
- 07:40 RT @acumenfund: Interesting TIME article on co. switching from nonprofit to for-profit to grow ginx.com/-ba6op
- 07:43 @MercSharks happy to oblige, looking forward to retweeting your posts!
- 08:13 RT @rohitbhargava: Dave Matthews Band (@DaveJMatthews) is offering a free download of his new single via Twitter: ginx.com/-Nz0je
- 09:37 what else would you add to this list of Facebook Etiquette tips? Anything you'd re-phrase instead? ginx.com/-D4YZo
- 09:46 RT @readthebill: Wow! We're almost at 7000 Read the Bill Petition sigs! Keep up the excellent work! ginx.com/-3MA8p #readthebill
- 11:57 RT @mercsharks: Mercury News coverage of the San Jose Sharks is now on twitter. Follow us @MercSharks #SJSharks #Sharks
- 15:04 hooray! My google #adsense account for my blog just ticked over the magic $100 payment threshold. I'll get my check next month :)
- 16:10 RT @mercsharks: #sharks #hockey Sharks-Ducks, Day 3: A tweak here and there — or not — in the lines at practice ginx.com/-KzpL
- 17:06 busy night ahead: track practice (hill workouts, ugh), then on to the SCVDA board meeting. good times!
- 23:09 discovered Rancho San Antonio park tonight: a fantastic place to run! If only I'd remembered to bring my Garmin, I'd have a record of it.
- 00:16 RT @mercsharks: #sharks #hockey Purdy: Thornton's sacrifice has helped Sharks prosper: The Sharks' best offensive.. ginx.com/-Al22G
Tuesday, April 14, 2009
- 08:37 RT @OCReport Join us for Online Communities: Surviving & Thriving in the Economic Downturn Webinar on 5/7 @11am PT: ginx.com/-NHOzR
- 11:25 @nddulac go Sharks, indeed!
- 13:03 Great to see @Mercsharks spin up to keep us #Sharks fans apprised of news during the playoffs
- 13:09 RT @rohitbhargava: Funny marketing images of a real BMW versus Audi billboard advertising smackdown in Santa Monica - ow.ly/2L9n
- 21:38 Fresh back from the monthly Silicon Valley #Tri Club meeting. With the exception of my stash, excess body fat is in short supply in the club
- 21:54 playing fetch with the puppy. I think his persistence is going to outlast my attention.
- 22:54 watching NBC's coverage of Clearwater IM 70.3 championships... they've recycled 30 min of background footage from last year's show. cheaters
Saturday, April 11, 2009
Friday, April 10, 2009
- 09:57 please RT: ginx.com/-YK4iZ is happening - needing sponsors to take a risk, get great visibility and promote makers in Africa
- 10:06 RT @WebWorkerDaily: Stop Procrastinating Now! ginx.com/-wqLJL
- 14:00 Excited to ride the Vineman Ironman 70.3 bike course Saturday as recon for the race 7/19. maybe wine tasting, too? ginx.com/-8qPGP
Thursday, April 09, 2009
- 09:03 @kwidrik I recommend the Sennheiser PMX70 earphones. Great sound, and they stay put when working out hard. ginx.com/-oYvNI
- 09:47 Our neighbor, 2 doors down, had their car's window smashed last night. First time something like that's happened in our 3 years in this city
- 13:44 NHL to hold a Tweetup on April 15 in NYC with satellite Tweetups in several other markets. I'm so there in San Jose! ginx.com/-pBlCm
- 16:46 The typical mid-size car costs $23 per day (365 days/yr) assuming 15K miles driven per year. rethink transit? yes! ginx.com/-HtP9e
- 17:29 Topped the 100,000 page view mark on my Urban Chickens blog. Can't believe there's so much action in this niche ginx.com/-D5MEd
Wednesday, April 08, 2009
- 09:18 congrats @soreng on the release of your book, Wisdom 2.0, today! Looking forward to curling up with it this weekend. snurl.com/ff7i4
- 10:36 One of my Yosemite photos made it into the slideshow on the Santa Clara University home page (see: Ideal Location) ginx.com/-rsGxl
- 10:59 wow, new UX for Gmail on the iPhone. me likey ginx.com/-UCuh2
- 11:11 RT @mstrand: Bush paid me 25k tax incentive to buy my Toyota Sequoia in 2005, now Obama wants me to sell it for... - ginx.com/-Mlh1z
- 11:30 I like Socialtext's collaborativeness metric (unique contributors as a % of unique visitors). Wondering what the norm/avg is for others
- 13:33 which would you prefer? "hey, link to me and then I'll link to you" or "I linked to you, would you mind returning the favor?" yeah, me too.
Tuesday, April 07, 2009
- 07:39 nice to sleep in a warm bed after two nights in the cold in a sleeping bag. legs are still a little weary. must've been a good workout
- 10:55 Trying to wrap my arms around Google's Moderator tool. Has anyone used it and been pleased with the results? ginx.com/-wCZUZ
- 11:57 RT @evolvingWe The problem with good transparency is that it can't be spoonfed. It also requires good listening.
- 16:33 RT @neddotcom: RT @greghancock Mention of NedSpace: ginx.com/-CNWh0
- 16:35 Really not looking forward to a whole season of tweeps griping about every ball/strike/foul at the game they're watching. yawn
- 18:25 Bummed: our Mt Whitney climbing permit was declined. No room on the mountain the days we want to go. Lottery was not kind this year
Sunday, April 05, 2009
- 08:20 Brrrrr. Cold night camping. Now off to ride 50 miles
- 12:24 First 33 miles done. This wildflower bike course has some hills :) gonna ride the 40km loop again and call it a day. Beer awaits
- 15:19 Done riding for the day. Legs are beat. Now BBQ and beer and sleep before tomorrow's swim and run. Offline til then
Saturday, April 04, 2009
- 07:48 you can tell the economy's not so good: every recycling bin on the block has been picked clean overnight of any bottles or cans
- 09:56 Excited to head to Lake San Antonio this weekend for some practice swim/bike/runs for the Wildflower Triathlon
- 10:12 RT @Pistachio: Twitter in the Enterprise? @socialtext launches a FREE 3-part webinar series ginx.com/-yy56b
- 11:29 @itchbay will pass along your regards... keep those great blips coming, you've got a delightful taste in music!
- 12:31 cool! I'm going to be racing with Parvati Shallow (of Survivor fame) at Wildflower in May. well, me and 3000 others. ginx.com/-gdhiF
- 13:28 wow, sales of Tropicana OJ dropped 20% after (ugly) redesign of its packaging. ROI on that redesign? egg on face ginx.com/-PB2YJ
Friday, April 03, 2009
- 08:13 RT @stereogab: Nice to see Subsidyscope colleagues get credit for sniffing out change in $ of bailout stocks ginx.com/-WK6Iu
- 12:25 not comforted by this: "Don't waste your energy worrying about sharks and seals. You will be in a large group of boats and swimmers"
- 15:05 jazzed at how folks are reacting to the salesforce implementation... we're on our way!
- 15:58 I heart Thom Yorke a lot. And I'm not afraid to admit it. ginx.com/-ap4Fs
- 17:03 Change.org is hiring a managing editor. Can you help find the right person? ginx.com/-Rzugs
- 17:07 RT @bbcworld: How did Michelle Obama break palace protocol? ginx.com/-ycXE6
- 20:31 Our captain just threw a ton80 (a very good dart throw). Nicely done @nddulac
Thursday, April 02, 2009
- 10:46 Surprise! Getting my first CT scan today. Guess I'm not quite out of the woods yet. Doc playing it safe and I'm happy to comply
- 12:11 the waiting is the hardest part
- 13:25 aging successfully means knowing when to push thru the pain vs when to hold back. doc just gave me the ok to push thru. I'm back in the game
Wednesday, April 01, 2009
- 11:20 RT @urbanchickens: nice to see friend Sarah's flock in Brooklyn Heights Blog (yes, you can has urban chix in NY!) ginx.com/-xa92h
- 16:28 An unplanned afternoon of EKGs, xrays, and ultrasounds is no fun. Playing it safe, but not fun or productive
- 16:55 Got the all clear from the doc. no errant post-op clot, but supposed to take it easy for 3 days. trainingus interruptus
- 18:16 Can't wait to see what kind of hijinx will play out in the Twitterverse tomorrow; the medium is ripe for a good one this April Fool's Day.
- 22:08 Just finished watching the movie "Mad City Chickens" -- what a delightful film. (really!) ginx.com/-ObPfa